Today we decided to try loading the first two iframes in a slider section for better transitions between swiped iframes. It seems better, so we are going to keep this change and continue to trying to improve the UX.
Well, today we seemed to be on track to smooth out some kinks for when a user adds a section, then we ran into a fresh crop of issues. Documented them and called it a day. Off tomorrow for a sabbath rest, then back at it on Sunday.
Today we fixed a few issues on the site and experimented with a preloader gif we’ve been using on the parent page and iframes. We took the preloader off the iframes and liked the faster action when swiping between iframes.
We continued our work passing along the height of a resized iframe to the parent page. We were able to get this working on a local install, but not on our live project. More work to do. We also resolved a minor bug on our project.
We’ve been using iframe-resizer (github.com/davidjbradshaw…) to fit scaled iframes to a device width. It allows us to set the height of the iframe. But we can’t always pass that height along to the parent div, so we worked on that today.